Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

HowTo: Reset a Galaxy S SPH D700 Android Phone

Hi I locked my Samsung Galaxy S as I used wrong pattern 20 times. Now it is asking me to enter my google username - Google Mobile Help

It appears that many people's children have found that the "pattern lock" is a fun video game to play. My kids are old. It get's worse when they get older. They can now do much more devious things to my phone...so they have their own phones.

Problem solved? No. Edward the Dalmatian Puppy took off after some random small prey, dragging me through cactus and pricker bushes (not the first time)...stuffed my phone in my pocket, it happened to roll over the phone lock password, and set one. Not the pattern kind, a number from a keypad. No way around it, Factory Reset...

The Galaxy S SPH D700, doesn't reset like the others...I didn't find a post like this one.

Hold the Power Button + Volume Button + Camera Button + Home Button (the lighted ones on the bottom)

In 5 seconds or so, you will get a screen of blue characters.
  • reboot system now
  • apply sdcard:update.zip
  • wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
(It doesn't tell you what the OK button is on the system recovery screen)
The OK button is the Home Button on the bottom row lighted buttons.

Move up and down the selections with the Volume Button.

Factory reset only if you need to (the screen lock password is not in the cache partition). Your contacts will be erased... Did you back up your contacts first? Do you really need all those contacts? If so, why do you keep them on a cell phone?


That will do it. I own my phone again. It's 1am and this dog still isn't asleep...

11 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. I finally got it after 10,000 other reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This by far the smartest answer and the best one too that actually works. This publisher has brains unlike the other. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how long does this take though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it doesn't work for my phone it show me a warning triangle and android

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worked perfectly. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how long does it take for it go get off the ! and the green dude screen to go off because its on this screen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bllog I enjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete